//8
f l o r a ;
Reflection
Sunday, January 5, 2014 | 3:42 PM | 0 flower(s)
Today my sister asked me something Blogger related and I found out that she's entering the blogosphere again. I remembered how I created emails and made blogger accounts for my younger sisters back in the early internet days - makes me wonder how long I've stayed on this website. Can you give me a minute...

I just checked my blogger profile.

Apparently, I have left it for so long that my interests and choice of words left an awkward cringing taste at the back of my mouth. Uergh. Even the profile picture was uploaded in 2010. Not bothering to change it though.

My blogger profile said I created this account on the July 2009. Wow. 6 years.

But then again, this was supposed to be a "new" account. I had to abandon the old one due to a super complicated technical malfunction - I may or may have not screwed up the html codes for my template. So anyways, it was 2008, I have an inability to read between all the codes (still am - but I'm getting better, I promise!) so I had to bite my lips and delete my past forever while I sob and send my keyboard into a drowning, salty nightmare. Okay, I didn't really bat an eyelid while I did that but hey, I'm regretting it now aren't I?

Why would I regret the steaming past of old superbly cringe-inducing english language and drama-induced posts??? Well, to put it simply, I have the worse ever memory with the shortest of time span of all human mankind with the laziness of a snorlax. Which is really bad because snorlax is a sleeping pokemon. In addition: a sprinkle of tidal waves moments where I just can not function for the life of me except staring into the unknown world that is the floor while I lay down on it and think or not think about necessary and unnecessary stuff.

So...?

As much as I find my past hugely embarrassing, you can say that at this age, or maybe further more in the future, you'd rather have embarrassing memories than no memories at all. All those broken promises of updating with my travel posts has been one of my biggest regrets. Sure, I remembered a few inklings - but it was supposed to be one of my most cherished memories as I love travelling, so it wasn't really enough.

I started blogging when I was 13. I am now 18. In 2 months, I will be 19.

All these years, all the misfortunes and happiness that I have encountered... I haven't really recorded them all. "Regret" seems to be overused by now. I wonder if this feeling may ever get faded.

And life goes on.

With that, I hope I'll make better choices. And of course, record them all: good or bad.

I'm hoping for the best, but as always, I'd put on my pessimist glasses and expects the worse.

2014


Ready or not.

Here they come.


Labels:

OLD | NEW

© 2011-2014.

brunei born and raised and trying to make the most of it. Blogging est 2008, thus includes unfiltered scars, red faces and blurred boundaries.






This skin 100% edit by syu.
& big helped; x x x