//8
f l o r a ;
May It All Come True
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 | 10:04 PM | 0 flower(s)

I was idling on Twitter like I always do, thinking about topics I can write here on my blog while I wait for my muse to come (read as: when I'm not feeling lazy) after which I stumbled upon these tweets:



And you know what? Anne Tyler and Pearl S. Buck must have taken my feelings that I've always felt when it comes to writing and wrote it down in plain sight for me to see - for me to understand that yes, my suspicion is true, if I continue doing what I do, I wouldn't have done anything at all - take my so called "travel" writing as an example. 

According to a reader in a previous site I frequently visited and posted, I have left story writing for more than a year. I would have tried but I have never dabbled into other forms of writing (except as school assignments) other than the usual rambles on twitter and incomprehensible musings I have written while in a dark spell - and those aren't exactly very nice to read. 

And as Fifi mentioned in her blog (excuse me as I shamelessly link to her tribute post) ,

" I hope that you are more motivated to share your writing with the world more frequently this year as it is the same resolution which I hope will stay firm and true to me" 

writing more is definitely a part of my resolution. So I've been trying, not as hard as I would've liked but still I'm trying to gather more preparations before I actually start writing (in a way this can also be translated as procrastination). And then I remembered seeing another tweet from @AdviceToWriters

The more restrictions you have, the easier anything is to write. STEPHEN SONDHEIM

Having a blog with virtually no readers means I have completely wrecked havoc here. My reign of posting independence was at the cost of writing and posting in itself. The more freedom I get, the more irresponsible I become; broken promises, broken motivation and not to mention broken english, haha!

So in an attempt to break that cycle, I am again trying to start something for which I hope I will keep doing it until the end: a daily project. This will be my restriction. Write anything. Screw editting. Screw perfect structures and themed posts. I will make writing as a daily habit. Not only in terms of 140 characters but full blown paragraphs. I would still have free reign over my topics but I'm guessing it'd probably be circling in the daily musings and event reporting area: which can be a total boring post to read if one is not careful about how one writes.

But then again screw that.

For now I'm calling this my #dailyblogproject and tomorrow will be the first official start of the project.
Like what VIXX sings in one of my favourite tracks: 다이뤄지리라~ "May It All Come True"

Here's to something to look forward to everyday.

Labels: , , ,

OLD | NEW

© 2011-2014.

brunei born and raised and trying to make the most of it. Blogging est 2008, thus includes unfiltered scars, red faces and blurred boundaries.






This skin 100% edit by syu.
& big helped; x x x