//8
f l o r a ;
Am I doing this right?
Sunday, May 11, 2014 | 10:25 PM | 0 flower(s)
1. So if you noticed, I changed the layout again. I almost stopped myself but the longer I looked at it the more restless and irritated I felt - even if the previous layout is much better than this one. Believe me, even I find this puzzling. There was no other reason. Well, maybe except for the fact that I couldn't edit anything and thus stuck being 18 and license-less. Stuck as 18 would be a dream come true (admit it, every one of you has an inner Bella Swan) but not ticking the box beside "got my driver's license" irks me to no end. Hey, I didn't get a license just to be told that I couldn't tick it off of my to-do-list! (Poor, pathetic excuse but lets just ignore that). It took me almost half a day, but I finally finished personalising everything: profile, playlist etc etc. I usually just pick a layout for a day and edit them later in the week. Showed how slow today was.

I also added new songs in the playlist - and yeap, more songs by Yuna. I have to stop telling people I only like her music. I actually find her as someone who is worth looking up to. She made her country proud by shooting to fame in the West scene. Something that even the now known Hallyu Wave had a struggle before. She is educated, has an eye for both photography and fashion - she has all the things that I'd like to become one day. Her cover of Thinking Bout You is an absolute masterpiece and her cover of  Here Comes The Sun is brilliant! I really love how she reinvented the song with traditional instruments - it sounded so original. I may have to watch Savage one day. Now that's how you do proper publicity for the country! Even when I checked out her malay songs, I see people that doesn't know anything in malay enjoying the songs.

2. Like I mentioned in the previous post, it's someone's birthday today - and it's mother's day! I have no mood indulging in past puppy love (that ehem lasts a few years, hello??) so I'm skipping ahead. Despite these supposedly reasonable reasons (I snorted too so I'm keeping it this way), today was horrendously dull. I woke up late again. What can I say? Can I blame it on the nice rainy morning? Wait, I think I can. I bet no one can dispute the fact that rainy mornings are the worst mornings to get up to if you don't want to get caught by the cosy bed.

Anyway, the day was spent, as I said, changing my layout, finding - and getting myself addicted - to Yuna's songs, a bit of chores here and there and casual internet surfing. My family aren't actually big with the whole celebration thing, and I believe that today isn't really special to mothers as we should be grateful and appreciate our mothers everyday - not just a day in a year. But that may partially be an excuse for me because a not-so-openly-loving family means not-so-unstrained relationships. But enough of that topic for today.

The whole day was mind numbing that I didn't even wait for 5.30 to start on my Lazy Girl Workout. To be quite honest I was afraid of the dullness. Sundays were usually the better part of the week because we were so used to going out. It's what kept me half sane. I guess, the dullness scared me to think that I might fall into despair again so soon after I just hardly crossed over that obstacle.

The day went by soon enough and the rain had come again with a dear friend - Zeus. Thunder rumbled and I snuggled with tea and butter cookies while rereading Rampant. Even after a few years, I still feel excited thinking about killer unicorns. Bad ass mo-fos. Mama Wenwen was so nice to lend it to me again after I read a past post about the book. Thank you past self for reminding me about it. It is a good thing to mentions books I have read.




I read somewhere on Reddit a while ago that it’s a good idea to write two highlights a day to stay optimistic, be grateful for the things you have, and reflect on day-to-day matters.

I checked out James' blog, (I can't actually call him Maa because I'm not sure that is his real surname, thus the first name basis) and found out that he started his blog with this idea and has continued it for a few years - so I'm trying it for myself. I need all the optimism I could get anyway. (Even though that might seem kind of ironic as I don't actually cope with other people's optimism well.)

Edit: After a few search, the possibility of James actually having the surname Maa is rising.

Edit: James Maa's real name is James Maa. I am now obliged to call him Sir Maa due to my comfortableness in the Japanese/Korean culture of calling someone you barely knew who has even the teensiest resemblance to an Asian name (I just realised how racist this sounds like after writing it down) by their surname. Whew, isn't that sentence just a mouthful?

And now I just realised the complications of it all (How about the Vietnamese? Indians? I am an Asian myself). I may have to apply these only to the Japanese and Koreans.

Well hello there James, I guess both of us have to stick to me calling you by you first name, huh?

Edit: I've read enough of his posts to start calling him James more comfortably. Yay.

Labels:

OLD | NEW

© 2011-2014.

brunei born and raised and trying to make the most of it. Blogging est 2008, thus includes unfiltered scars, red faces and blurred boundaries.






This skin 100% edit by syu.
& big helped; x x x