//8
f l o r a ;
tea dates, movie dates and unexpected cleaning dates??
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 | 10:55 PM | 0 flower(s)
May 13

1. I hit one of mum's plants with the YRV and almost had a heart attack because the side was - how do you say it - sort of moved? Ka Yui saw the whole thing (well, she was the reason I backed up from the little road anyways) but I managed to look aloof about it all. Which is apparently a nice save because I managed to fixed it. I blamed the whole thing on my missing sunglasses and so Ken lent me hers - which is très chic.

2. We came earlier than we expected and thus spent time at Eileen's having a chat and tea (milo for Ken). Being in sync with each other meant that we talked about the usual girly things and had fun.

3. Met Hafeez a.k.a Duzfreund while waiting for Fifi's texts. It was really quite a pleasure seeing him again. If I remember correctly, our last meeting was our first - and that was about 4 years ago. We talked about life, how he's now a manager at Starbucks and how I'm still short despite the fact that gasp I am already 19? "How time flies." says the person who's confused about how old he actually is. (He's 21 by the way.) Maybe next time I should meet up with Duzfruend and we can chat.

Fifi coincidentally caught up with us while she was searching for me - as I was too busy talking to Duzfruend that I didn't noticed Fifi's texts. Them being cousins was old news to me, but it still doesn't change how small I felt the world is to me.

My relationship with both is actually quite similar: it's not a typical friendship where we talk everyday or something like that. Fifi and I were never actually classmates, as we only knew each other from mutual friends, which is the same with Duzfreund. We mentioned it during our lunch together: how our friendship is as special as Walter Mitty's friendship with Sean O'Connell - Fifi as O'Connell and I, as Mitty. The fact that this is from a favourite movie ours makes it a bit more special to me.

Fifi was really nice to take me out to lunch at Matadoe. After endless times of passing by and imagining myself inside, I finally had the chance to do it with a great company. The food was delicious, I had macaroni and Fifi had chicken straganoff  (which the waiter said, was sort of similar to the cream used in carbonara dishes). Not only did I get to eat there, it was also as if it came out from one of my daydreams: sitting at a cafe, drinking tea from a ceramic pot, having a nice conversation with someone, all the while basking in the whole atmosphere - great music, decor, food and ambience of it all. This definitely went to my favourite moments list. (And I wish I could write about it in a better way but I'm too lazy for that.)

4. I felt sorry that we had to cut the meeting off early though, as I had a movie to catch with Ken. Fifi agreed but we both believed that it's a sign to say that we should meet again. I can't wait! But at that moment we had to part ways. I was already a bit late. Ken and I went inside 5 minutes after it started. I loved the movie and watching it with Ken was definitely a plus. I loved all the three actresses - they were all equally gorgeous and adorable playing as their respective characters. I might download the movie just to watch it again.

5. Turns out Ken's friends took the later showing of Spiderman so we had to wait for an extra hour or so - we went to get Ken's photobook and then decided to go to Gloria Jean's as we never went there and both of us had wanted to for so long. I was disappointed that there were no English breakfast but the Chocolate drink I bought was actually pretty decent. I didn't borrow a book from the library but I might donate some soon. Some of our books here at home needs better owners.

6. I got into trouble because it was getting pretty late and because I planned to stay at Ken's at the last minute. But at least via text I can tell them my points and they can't actually scold me when I'm right. I don't even understand their anger and source of worry - I mean, Ken's friends are members of an Islamic CCA in ITB, the driver is a female who doesn't listen to music but the islamic channel. If you ask me, Ken and I were the most qualified of being the less "good" influences - but we're not even the rebel type. Seriously, parents. I had to give a reason for my sudden stay (honestly is to get out of nagging people) so I said that I'm helping Ken clean her room.

I wish I hadn't say that.



May 14

1. Woke up pretty late and started cleaning straight away. Didn't bother to shower because we're dealing with about a decade's worth of grime and dust. I believe that Ken's room is a part of a spiders' civilisation. I never knew their webs can be that intensive. It was about 1.30 and we had to go out to send something to one of the relatives and to throw the trash plus scavenging for boxes - still with the clothes we slept in. I got into trouble again because of that but I shot them down - again. Yeah~ Tiqah 2, Mom 0!

I felt sort of bad to leave Ken because there were still loads to do and the place was still horrible - but Ua was waiting for the food and parents were getting a bit testy. So I came back, took a shower and all that and fought against the fatigue. Helped a bit in the kitchen but ended up going in bed as they clearly don't need me. So despite initially fighting the drowsiness, I ended up losing to the sleepiness and took a nap.

2. I found out Norwegian Wood has its own movie adaptation and went on another movie downloading frenzy after Fifi told me about a site. The place is totally great! We discussed about our next meeting and so now I have to finish the book before I can get the movie from her.

OLD | NEW

© 2011-2014.

brunei born and raised and trying to make the most of it. Blogging est 2008, thus includes unfiltered scars, red faces and blurred boundaries.






This skin 100% edit by syu.
& big helped; x x x